Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Union Street


I've been crazy busy the past few weeks, but last night I finally had a chance to get together with "my girls." We went to one of my long time favorite restaurants in Detroit, Union Street. One of the things I love about it is that you can just feel the history of the space when you walk in. It has this art deco look that I just love! I do think they should get rid of the grandma plastic tablecovers...I just think they are capable of something more eye appealing.



The menu offers a variety of foods. Whether your in the mood for wings (Rasta Wings!! They will make you feel like your lips are going to fall off!) , breakfast, or filet mignon. I don't know if I should admit this, but I've tried a majority of the things they offer (not all in one sitting). One of my guilty pleasures when I go there is the Large Sampler appetizer, which consist of onion rings, beer battered zucchini and mushrooms. Ohhh so bad for you...yet sooo good for your soul. I was a good girl on Tuesday and started off my meal with one of my healthier favorites, Black Bean Soup. The jalapeno sour cream is such a nice touch to the soup. I also had the Baked Pistachio Salmon Salad. It was presented beautifully...I love when chefs take the time to present the food nicely because we do eat with our eyes first. Pistachio's aren't my favorite nuts, but tasted great with the salad. One of my friend's obsessed with the Jambalaya. I have tried it and think that it's one of the best in the city. I keep on going back to Union Street and it's simply because the food is great. They need to work on their service standards a bit (I've had some pretty awful experiences there in the past), but Tuesday night was good. I'll give Union Street four and a half forks out of five.

1 comment:

  1. Your friend has great taste...the Jambalaya at Union Street is to die for!!!!!

    ReplyDelete