Monday, December 1, 2008

Motor City Brewing Works

There's a couple things I love...a good beer and a great pizza! I've been meaning to check out Motor City Brewing Works for awhile now, and finally last weekend I had the chance. I was surprised by how quaint it was inside. The girls and I decided to try out the artichoke dip, which has for some reason turned into the appetizer of choice when going to a pub. It was a excellent! I ordered the Danimal pizza. It was topped with artichokes, caramelized onions (I love onions...I have to have onions with every meal...if there was a way to incorporate them in my oatmeal for breakfast I would! Eww..that was a gross thought), Gorgonzola cheese, and tomatoes. The crust was at just the right thickness and the cheese wasn't overwhelming...the two things that I feel are the hardest things to get just right in a pizza. The beer is always good...Ghettoblaster being one of my favorite local brews. I think it's a great place to grab a beer with friends and was pleasantly surprised by the cozy atmosphere. The only complaint I have is that they did not offer a side salad. They deserve four out of five forks.

3 comments:

  1. Motor City Lager is the best beer on this planet. I give it 5 out of 5 abused livers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I love that you're doing this blog. I also try to eat at local, non-chain restaurants. My favorites-Nannas- a little diner in Wyandotte, nothing special, but good food and good service. We're there so much the waitresses know us by name. RP McMurphys-english pub style restaurant. Its an old storefront in the dotte, decorated with pewabic tiles with AMAZING food. Last, but certainly not least, Slows BBQ in corktown. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree..Slow's is one of my favs! I need to post about it soon!

    ReplyDelete